All about All-State basketball
Two Advocate-area girls were named on the various All-State basketball teams released within the past few days.
The Associated Press, The (Louisville) Courier-Journal and the Lexington Herald-Leader all announced their All-State teams within the past five days, and all three of them include either Megan Pittman of Casey County or Emily Fox of Lincoln County — or both — among the honorees:
- Both Pittman and Fox were voted to the Associated Press second team by sports writers and sportscasters. The AP has first and second teams consisting of five players each plus ties.
- Fox made the second team and Pittman made the third team in the Courier-Journal, which has three teams of 10 players each voted by coaches.
- Pittman made the second team in the Herald-Leader, which has two teams of 10 players each plus ties voted by coaches.
A handful of players also received honorable mention:
- Savannah Taylor of Mercer County by the AP.
- Taylor, Devin Conley of Garrard County and Essence Grey and Kasey Young of Danville in the Courier-Journal.
- Fox in the Herald-Leader.
No local boys made an All-State team or received honorable mention.