Back to basketball, if not back to normal
Normal may still be a few days — or even weeks — away for those who have endured last week’s terrible ice storm and who are still dealing with the aftermath. But another piece of normality comes back to this area tonight when the high school basketball schedule resumes in earnest.
There are seven games scheduled, including a boys-girls doubleheader between Danville and Garrard County in Lancaster that was postponed on Tuesday. It’s part of a big three-day stretch of 45th District doubleheaders that also includes Garrard at Boyle County on Friday and Boyle at Danville on Saturday.
We’ve learned about a few games that have been rescheduled, and we’ll keep learning in the coming days. At least a dozen games remain unaccounted for, and some of them will no doubt be canceled. For now, here are the games that have been resolved that we know of:
- Danville at Garrard County boys and girls, postponed Tuesday, to be played tonight.
- Boyle County at Lincoln County, postponed Jan. 30, to be played Feb. 14.
- Bluegrass Conference Tournaments at KSD, canceled last week.
- Western Hills at Danville, canceled tonight.
- McCreary Central at Lincoln County, postponed Jan. 27, to be played tonight.
- Monroe County at Casey County, added to the schedule, to be played Saturday.
- Garrard County at Lincoln County, postponed Jan. 9, to be played Monday.
- Burgin at Paris, postponed Tuesday, to be played Feb. 16.
- Danville at Campbellsville, canceled Jan. 27.
- Danville at Frankfort, canceled Jan. 30.
- Mercer County at Frankfort, postponed Tuesday, to be played tonight.
- Garrard County at East Jessamine, postponed Jan. 20, to be played Feb. 21.