Calling a reverse at Mercer
Less than 24 hours after he was introduced as Mercer County’s new football coach, Will Weaver is on his way back to Madisonville and his old job.
Weaver has decided to stay at Madisonville-North Hopkins, telling Mercer principal Terry Yates this morning that he had changed his mind.
That surprising move came at the end of a whirlwind period of 24 hours or so in which he:
- met with his Madisonville players Tuesday morning.
- almost immediately drove to Harrodsburg, arriving just in time for the afternoon news conference at which he was introduced.
- checked in with his family to a Harrodsburg-area hotel, where they would spend Tuesday night.
- attended Mercer’s weightlifting and conditioning session Tuesday evening.
- met with the Mercer players this morning.
- met with Yates at about 10 or 10:30 a.m. to tell the principal he was returning to Madisonville.