The holiday basketball tournament season got under way late last week with a few tournaments involving area teams, but there’s much more to come this week and next.
The only holiday tournaments being played locally are Danville’s Lady Admiral Tournament, a girls round-robin event played last week, and the Titans Christmas Clash, Mercer County’s girls tournament that began last year as a 12-team event and has been expanded to 16 teams this year.
Here’s the full list of tournaments for area teams this week and next:
- Boyle County: Jessamine Invitational at East Jessamine and West Jessamine, through Wednesday; First Federal Savings Bank Cardinal Classic at Nelson County, Dec. 28-30.
- Casey County: Twin Lakes Holiday Classic at Clinton County, through Wednesday; Monticello Bank Classic at Wayne County, Dec. 28-30.
- Danville: Defenders of the Station at Bryan Station, through Tuesday.
- Garrard County: Arby’s/KFC Holiday Classic at McCreary Central, through Wednesday; Shirley Kearns Holiday Invitational at Model, Dec. 29-31.
- Lincoln County: Capital City Classic at Frankfort Convention Center, through Wednesday; Coca-Cola/Campbellsville University Holiday Classic, Dec. 28-30.
- Mercer County: Capital City Classic at Frankfort Convention Center, through Wednesday; Republic Bank Classic at Lexington Catholic, Dec. 27-30.
- Boyle County: Bourbon County/Paris Holiday Classic, Dec. 27-29.
- Casey County: Berea Holiday Classic, through Tuesday; Gateway Holiday Classic at Montgomery County, Dec. 28-30.
- Danville: Coca-Cola/Campbellsville University Holiday Classic, Dec. 28-30.
- Garrard County: First Southern National Bank/Roy’s BBQ Classic at Logan County and Russellville, Dec. 28-30.
- Lincoln County: Republic Bank Holiday Classic at Lexington Catholic, through Tuesday; Titans Christmas Clash at Mercer County, Dec. 28-31.
- Mercer County: Titans Christmas Clash at Mercer County, Dec. 28-31.