1. Just checked Kentucky’s band Web site, and it looks like Garrard County’s band placed 7th (out of 16) in the triple-A semi-finals at the state competition on Saturday. Way to go Garrard County!
2. I’m looking for information on what events are happening in Garrard County to celebrate Veterans’ Day. The Advocate is compiling info about Veterans’ Day celebrations in all of its counties and it’s lacking any events from Garrard County.
3. A massive number of people visited this blog yesterday after the blurb about my blog ran in Sunday’s paper. Thanks, everyone, for taking an interest!
4. The Lancaster City Council and Garrard County Fiscal Court meet today. According to their agendas, the city council will be working on an insurance tax ordinance, while the fiscal court has an item called “Kentucky State Police Drug Task Force Agreement.” Stories on the meetings will probably be in tomorrow’s paper.
5. The very first meeting of the Garrard County Humane Society is Thursday at 7 p.m.