The Lancaster city council discussed a bunch of different things last night, including:
- Chief Allen Weston’s plans to add three part-time officers while cutting back on overtime costs
- Donald Aldridge’s request to modify a school water bill that was thousands of dollars more expensive than usual because of a leak that drained more than 700,000 gallons
- A vet who wants to use the old hospital emergency room in city hall for a monthly spay/neuter clinic because the animal shelter doesn’t have space and he doesn’t work with the humane society anymore
- The need to complete installation of a pair of lagoons at the water plant to solve an EPA violation by December of this year
- The need to replace or upgrade a sand filter at the sewage plant that’s backing up the system
Stories on all these things are coming down the pipe soon, with a story about Weston’s policies and plans landing in today’s paper.